The role is for a Project Manager with data analytics experience who can help build data analytics and visualisation capability. The Project Manager contractor will define key use cases for transactional data analysis and visualisation for the Internal Audit team. They will lead a project to procure, develop and build the solution which best fits the use cases defined. This is expected to be a five to six month role, with potential for extension if phase 1 is delivered successfully. The individual will be familiar with leading analytics software, e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx and Pyramid.
- Defining use cases for data analytics and visualisation for Internal Audit.
- Completion of business case and high-level design for the data analytics solution.
- Leading project to deliver agreed solution within six months, including liaising with key stakeholders i.e. IT, Third Party Providers (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Pyramid) and Head of Internal Audit.
- Coordination of project, including setting up on prem or cloud solution, defining how to best extract and analyse data from a diverse portfolio of ERPs and managing solution testing.
Essential skills & experience:
- Experience defining, developing and building data analytics solutions for large multi-national corporate companies.
- Experience and knowledge of back end requirements (e.g. SQL / Oracle) and setting up of ETL routines from core ERP applications i.e. SAP or Oracle.
- Experience of operating and engaging with business and IT management and building strong relationships.
- Knowledge of leading analytics software in market e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Alteryx, Pyramid.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience working with Internal audit and risk management.
- Experience in working within the consumer markets, retail sector or equivalent is preferred.
- Mature technical data analytics skills.
- Excellent persuasion and influencing skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities, including ability to challenge and push for improvement.
- Exceptional service orientation.